Warm herby salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2-3 tablespoons olive paste (I like Delmaine kalamata olive pesto)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Total fat 12.2g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1.5g
1 Chop the herbs just before starting to make this salsa.
2 Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions and garlic until softened. Add the lemon rind and heat for 1 minute. Add the herbs, olive paste and vinegar. Season to taste and heat through.
Perfect to serve with your favourite barbecue steaks, this salsa can be kept warm on top of your barbie. You can add a tablespoon of chopped capers to this sauce, too, if you wish.